things I’ve learnt from living in Central London so far:
1. royal guards look even more ridiculous up close
2. Tourists are obsessed with squirrels
3. I have no tolerance for people in busy streets. If you walk slowly/take up the whole street/dither on corners/stop suddenly/stand in doorways/don’t walk in a straight line then GET OUT OF THE CITY
4. Pigeons have gotten far too bold
5. Pret is slowly taking over the world (there are at least 7 within walking distance of my flat)
6. Riding the top deck front seat of the bus is the best thing. Tom waits or simon and Garfunkel essential listening.
7. Foyles IS heaven
8. Autumn leaves are extra crunchy in Bloomsbury
9. London’s not so big. I see the same faces every day and a couple of weeks ago I bumped into my aunt at a random bus stop. The other night at another bus stop I recognised a model I drew in life drawing classes a few months ago.